Thursday 6 February 2014

Thursday February 2nd

Hi Jas,

I felt good throughout the day, though was quite hungry in the lead-up to lunch. The smell of a roasting chicken probably didn't help that!

I found at training last night (the 7:30pm 'C' session w/ Lani) that I felt really 'light' and more mobile. I am doing the 6:45am 'B' session tomorrow, and will be interested to see how I go after today's eating.

Breakfast

Smoothie 'A' (divide the below in half ; Pat has the other)

Recipe: 1.5 cups raspberries, 1.5 cups blueberries, 2 teaspoons bee pollen, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 2 tablespoons sheep's milk yoghurt, 40gm protein powder, 200ml water, ice

Lunch




Roast chicken (roasted with olive oil, thyme, garlic & lemon), I didn't have the skin, even though its in the picture. I don't like it . . . the dogs got it instead! On the side is roasted baby carrots (3), red onion (one half), 1 brussel sprout, and a home made 2 cabbage slaw. All were roasted (except the slaw, obviously) w/ a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper.

This is the slaw recipe. FYI - I made mine with sheep's milk yoghurt & a dash of honey (maybe half a teaspoon, instead of the sugar).

http://www.marthastewart.com/1049807/double-cabbage-slaw

Drink w/ Lunch

200ml of 'Glowing Green Smoothie' from Kimberly Snyder's 'Beauty Detox'.

The full recipe is 2 cups spinach, 1 cup cos lettuce, 1/2 cup celery, 1 apple, 1/2 banana, 1 cup water (which usually yields 500ml - 600ml).

Dinner

I was really full from lunch so didn't have much of a dinner: a nectarine & a small handful of almonds. This is unusual for me, but lunch was a bit bigger than normal. This is my first day of having a bigger lunch & a lighter 'supper' style dinner, and I think I overshot it at lunchtime. The slaw was particularly filling.

Water
I had approximately 1.2 litres of water today. Unfortunately most of it was at the end of the day. Will aim to change that pattern tomorrow.

Snacks
None.

No comments:

Post a Comment