Sunday 23 February 2014

Weekend of Saturday 22 - Monday 24th

We headed out of town for the weekend to a friend's place in the country. So this is a bit of a hybrid, and I don't have alot of photos! I also didn't weight myself . . . more just focussed on relaxing and enjoying myself. It was fab. And there's very little guilt!

:-)


Saturday

Breakfast : I had my 'A' Smoothie after our weekend gym session at DK, at around 9:30am.

Lunch : by the time we got to our friends place it was nearly 2pm, and we were starving. The local pub was the only food option, and they did pizzas and thats it! We shared 2 pizzas: a Moroccan lamb & a chorizo. I had 3 slices all up.

Dinner : a delicious roast beef with roasted sprouts, kumara, onions & garlic. I also had 2 generous glasses of red wine. Yum!

Snacks : we had some mixed berries & tea when we arrived. And 1 Tim Tam.


Sunday

Breakfast : at around 10:30am . . .we went to the General Store that also does cooked breakfasts I had scrambled eggs & 1.5 piklets. . . it came with 3, I left one, and Pat had the other half . . .  this is the remains! I also had a skinny cappuccino. 



Lunch : so this was a bit random.  . . we didn't really have any lunch. We visited some other friends who had some delicious scones with cream and home made raspberry jam (so good!). I had 1.5 (bit of a theme this weekend). We also had many cups of tea. Tis the country!

By the time we got back to the cottage it was nearly 5pm. We had some cheese & crackers (a fab cheddar & water crackers), and a glass of red wine. We also had 1 Tim Tam each.

Our friends then made bangers & mash for dinner, with mixed veg (carrots, broccoli & snow peas). The sausages were beef, from a wonderful local butcher.  I only ate around 1/3rd of the mash. And had another glass of red wine (total 2 for the day).

Dessert - 2 scoops of Gelato Messina.



Monday

Breakfast - We went out (again) for breakfast, to the general store again, but sadly their weekday menu is much more limited : no protein! Muffins, croissants, friands etc. We ordered one plain & one ham & cheese croissant which we split between us.

Morning Tea - more tea & another Tim Tam (total 3 for the weekend . . . . no guilt lol!)!

Lunch - we were about to hit the road so I had a couple of the left over sausages . . . yeah, that was all!


No comments:

Post a Comment