Tuesday 11 February 2014

Tuesday February 11th

Woot! 76.1kg! That is 500gm down on yesterday! New Personal Best!

Though I had another night of not great sleep, not sure what the cause is. Keep waking up. No sugar & no caffeine, so must all be in my mind!

Today marks the starts of week 3 on my 6 week detox! This means a change in the herbal/vitamin supplements.

Breakfast

9:30am

When I was at the bakery yesterday I bought a loaf of their gluten free bread. I used it this morning : it was surprisingly good, especially toasted. Don't think I'd be in a rush to make a sandwich with it though, its pretty dense.

So breakfast was one slice of the special bread, toasted, with some sautéed kale & garlic, and 2 boiled eggs.

Accompanied by a less than scrumptious glass of week 3's herbal concoction.

 

Lunch

2:45pm

I made another recipe from the Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook 'Its All Good'. I really like this book : the recipes are so good, they are easy to follow, and they always work.

Today I made the 'Chicken Burgers, Thai Style'.  They were so tasty, I will definitely make them again.

For the greens I steamed one bok choy 'bundle' (I don't know what its called : a bunch?) for each of us, and also added half a sweet potato (so one quarter each), that I doused in olive oil, some salt & then roasted @225'c for 25 mins.

 


Dinner

Again this evening I had a protein shake, same as yesterday.

Snacks

I had 1 protein ball at 4:45pm. It was actually really filling! Loved it! I bought it yesterday at the bakery (yes, along w/ yesterday's lunch & protein ball, and the bread for this morning's toast) but thats it, I'm done now! But I will go back and ask them what was in it because it was fab!


Water

I had around 1.8 litres of water today. Plus that herbal supplement drink, the morning one I made with water, the evening one with 100% pure coconut water (green coconuts, no sugar etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment